As promised in the last Nintendo Direct, Splatoon is receiving another free update. Version 2.7.0 will be available to download on April 12. The servers will be down in preparation of the patch from 7:50 PM ET/6:50 PM CT/4:50 PM PT until 9 PM ET/8 PM CT/6 PM PT. There are many improvements to the game, including eight weapons called Sheldon’s Picks Vol. 1, which will be available at 10 PM ET/9 PM CT/7 PM PT.
First up is the Wasabi Splattershot. This beauty is a Splattershot set featuring a few key adjustments by Sheldon. The main weapon is pretty much the same as before, but Splat Bombs amp up its frontline capability. Alternatively, try calling in an Inkstrike to scatter the opposition and give your teammates the advantage. This is just the set for the discerning Inkling looking for something spicy!
Berry Splattershot Pro
Behold the Berry Splattershot Pro! Don’t let the tasty paint job fool ya! This remixed Splattershot Pro includes Suction Bombs and Bomb Rush to help punch through the opponent’s defenses, letting you finish things off with the great firing range of the main.
The new and improved Fresh Squiffer is a Classic Squiffer retooled to allow a different approach. Pairing Suction Bombs with the Squiffer makes it even easier to get the upper hand in battle, and you can quickly turn the tables on foes with the Kraken! Definitely not a set for squids who are afraid to get their tentacles dirty!
The Permanent Inkbrush is a set remixed by Sheldon to include the high-powered sub of Splat Bombs while retaining the great mobility of earlier models. Recommended for aggressive Inklings with an uncontrollable urge to wreak maximum havoc. Watch out for the Kraken special!
For a detailed list of what’s been changed with weapon damage and other attributes, take a look below:
Here’s more of what to expect in the update:
- Eight new weapons added, available in the weapon shop Ammo Knights
- Please note: the new weapons will appear in the shop following the release of the software update.
- Changed the initial Splatfest Power value for rank S+
- Adjustments to main weapons, sub weapons and special weapons, as well as changes to attacks that reveal enemy positions. Click here for more information.
- Saltspray Rig: Adjustments to prevent players from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
- Bluefin Depot: Fixed a problem where players could go inside a certain object in Rainmaker mode.
- Flounder Heights: Adjustments to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in Tower Control mode.
Fixes for issues in battles
- Fixes an issue wherein players could perform a Super Jump while holding the Rainmaker if their connection speed was exceptionally slow.
- Fixes an issue wherein on rare occasions players near to a Splash Wall wouldn’t suffer damage, even before the Splash Wall is activated.
- Fixes an issue wherein if a placed Suction Bomb comes into contact with a Splash Wall and explodes, sometimes the blast damage would go beyond the Splash Wall.
- Fixes an issue wherein opponents completely hidden by obstacles in the way could be hit by an Inkzooka or Rainmaker attack fired upwards.
- Fixes an issue wherein Splash Walls would sometimes not take damage when hit by an Inkzooka or Rainmaker attack.
- Fixes an issue wherein players could hit opponents on the other side of a Splash Wall with a Rainmaker attack, depending on the position where it hits the Splash Wall.
- Fixes an issue wherein if multiple players set an Ink Mine at the same time, they would sometimes explode on their own, despite not being painted in the opposing colour, no opposing players being close and their maximum time before automatically exploding not being reached.
- Fixes an issue wherein players could take damage from a friendly Ink Mine, depending on their relative position.
- Fixes an issue wherein when aiming at a Kraken on the ground the display wouldn’t change to a cross to indicate it would hit, despite the crosshairs being over the target, and where Seekers would not follow Krakens.
- Introduces several enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment
This update is required in order to play online.
[Source: Splatoon Tumblr]