For those of you who aren’t aware, Nintendo has a kid-friendly site called Play Nintendo. It revolves around Nintendo’s core characters and there are various fun activities to participate in. This summer Nintendo is bringing the spirit of the site on a tour to allow young gamers (and adults) to play some 3DS games. This isn’t a preview tour of upcoming games, but rather a place for families to drop by and play some great titles that have come out for the system over the past few years. Games that will be playable include: Kirby: Planet Robobot, Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Yoshi’s New Island, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, and Yo-Kai Watch. There will be a chance to win prizes each day of the tour. The full details, including locations and dates are below:
Nintendo has touched millions of families all over the world with its much-loved characters and games. Parents can rekindle the magic of the Nintendo world that shaped their childhood and share the wonderful memories with their kids this summer at the upcoming Play Nintendo Tour. Inspired by the Play Nintendo website, Nintendo’s fun, engaging and age-appropriate online destination for kids and families, the 12-city tour will visit malls and other locations across the United States. The tour will bring the magic of Nintendo to life with playable Nintendo 3DS games starring characters like Mario, Kirby and Donkey Kong from June 17 to Sept. 5. There will be exciting contests, amazing prizes (while supplies last) and photo opportunities. This one-of-a-kind experience bursts with color and imagination to offer parents a fun and engaging way to spend time with their kids. Best of all, the tour is free for everyone.
“With the Play Nintendo Tour, there’s a surprise around every corner for kids and kids at heart,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “The tour’s massive play area is filled with Nintendo 3DS games and charming worlds themed around classic games and characters.”
Visitors can hop into a Yoshi egg to play Yoshi’s New Island, recline on a giant banana while checking out Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and relax in pink beanbag chairs to play one of the newest games, Kirby: Planet Robobot, which launches on June 10. People who are into cool family photos or amazing selfies can take some snaps next to a huge Kirby figure, beside an oversized Yoshi egg, inside a barrel flanked by Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, under a devastating blue Spiny Shell in the Mario Kart 7 area or next to a giant Pokéball in the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire region. The New Super Mario Bros. 2 section features a photogenic flagpole, stacks of coins and a warp pipe, while the YO-KAI WATCH area makes people look like they have stepped into Springdale, the town in the game, complete with mischievous Yo-kai lurking about.
At each location, visitors can compete for a chance to win prizes (while supplies last) and play games on a video wall shaped like a giant Nintendo 3DS system. The Play Nintendo Tour is scheduled to visit the following locations:
- June 17-19: Westfield Culver City – Los Angeles
- June 24-26: Arrowhead Towne Center – Glendale, Arizona
- July 1-3: FlatIron Crossing – Broomfield, Colorado
- July 8-10: Mall of America® – Bloomington, Minnesota
- July 15-17: Bite of Seattle – Seattle
- July 21-24: Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina – San Diego
- July 29-31: Memorial City Mall – Houston
- Aug. 5-7: Woodfield Mall – Schaumburg, Illinois
- Aug. 12-14: Roosevelt Field – Garden City, New York
- Aug. 19-21: South Shore Plaza – Braintree, Massachusetts
- Aug. 26-28: Tysons Corner Center – Tysons Corner, Virginia
- Sept. 2-5: North Point Mall – Alpharetta, GeorgiaTo extend the tour online, the Play Nintendo website features many additional activities that kids and families can enjoy. Kids can create their own Super Mario Maker wallpaper, take a quiz to learn their Pokémon type, discover their Mushroom Kingdom BFF and many more creative and surprising things. For more information about the Play Nintendo Tour, visit https://play.nintendo.com/tour. To enjoy Nintendo’s site for kids and families, visit https://play.nintendo.com/.