This is one of the slowest weeks we’ve seen for the eShop. The biggest release is obviously Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS, a port of a game that’s over a year old. While it has its merits as a handheld release, nerfing the ability to share your content online with others removes one of the core features that made the game so popular to begin with. Still, if you don’t own the Wii U version this is still a fun game.
Advance Wars isn’t dead. Well, maybe it is, but at least we’re getting Dual Strike on the Virtual Console service on the Wii U. If you haven’t experienced the strategy series before, be sure to give this one a try. It’s a great time!
The rest of this week’s content is below:
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS – Get ready to play a near-infinite number of side-scrolling 2D Mario courses anytime, anywhere! Earn in-game medals in 100 built-in courses and access recommended courses from the Super Mario Maker game on the Wii U console. Plus, design courses and share them with other players via the StreetPass feature and local wireless. The Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DSgame will be available on Dec. 2. Click here to watch the trailer.
- Swapdoodle – Just in case you missed it, the Swapdoodle game is now available. Swapdoodle is an easy way to write messages, draw 3D pictures and share them with your Nintendo 3DS friends. Swapping doodles is a snap thanks to stamps based on the icons of played games and your Mii character. You can also purchase in-game add-on packs that have doodle lessons of Nintendo characters!
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Advance Wars: Dual Strike – On the heels of its last defeat, the nefarious Black Hole Army has fallen under the control of a deadly new commanding officer. He has sent its new COs to attack the nations of Wars World once again, and it’s up to the allied armies of Orange Star, Blue Moon, Yellow Comet and Green Earth to put an end to Black Hole once and for all. In this classic Nintendo DS strategy game, players lead their new Commanding Officers to fend off the Black Hole Army’s latest invasion. With massive battles that sweep across both screens, the Advance Wars: Dual Strike game will change the face of dual-screen warfare forever.Nintendo eShop sales:
- Last chance for Cyber Deals: Up to 50% off select games ends Dec. 5 – A gift for them … a gift (or two) for you! Treat yourself this holiday season with big savings on select digital games for both Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. My Nintendo members also earn Gold Points on qualifying digital purchases, so it’s a win-win. This sale runs until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 5.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Also new this week:In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console, the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.