Virtual Console gets a couple of oldies but goodies. First up is Demon’s Crest for the New Nintendo 3DS. This Capcom classic stars Firebrand, who must go on a quest to recover the six magical stones. It’s a fan-favorite and should look great in pixel perfect mode.
On the Wii U side of things we have Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. It’s the DS version of the original Fire Emblem game and stars Marth, who you may recognize from Smash Bros. If you enjoy tactical RPGs, then this one should provide many hours of entertainment.
The rest of this week’s digital news is below:
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo – There’s more to discover than ever before in the Animal Crossing: New Leaf—Welcome amiibo game. This updated version of Animal Crossing: New Leaf adds new features and activities, as well as support for all Animal Crossing series amiibo figures and cards. Discover new villagers, explore the Campground, and interact with characters—all with the tap of compatible amiibo cards or figures.
- Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS
- Demon’s Crest – Firebrand must set off to recover the six magical stones of the Demon Crest before the realms of humans and demons fall into the hands of his evil nemesis, Phalanx. In this Super NES action platformer, breathe fire, claw walls and hover across seven intense levels as you fight to save the realms from eternal unrest.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon – Discover the origin of classic character Marth in this Nintendo DS retelling of the original Fire Emblem game. Alternate turns with the enemy and shape your army to suit your strategy by selecting from dozens of units with unique spells, abilities and weapons. Each unit has its own strategic benefits, so guide them wisely or risk losing them on the battlefield.
- Wii Retail on Wii U
- Metroid: Other M – Join Samus for an action-packed space adventure that takes the best elements of first- and third-person gaming to create a seamless blend of gameplay, storytelling and cinematography. Players hold the Wii Remote controller sideways while navigating and battling in third person. However, at any moment, players can switch immediately to Wii Remote pointer controls to examine and explore the environments in a first-person perspective.Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- My Nintendo Celebrates The Legend of Zelda – The latest My Nintendo rewards are inspired by the 30th anniversary of the Legend of Zelda franchise. Fans can redeem My Nintendo points for discounts on digital games like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Wii U and New Nintendo 3DS) and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii U). There is also a commemorative 30th anniversary Home Menu theme for the Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS system. On top of that, enjoy the incredible music of The Legend of Zelda with orchestral music videos. Head to https://my.nintendo.com to check out the rewards.Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- Disney Tsum Tsum
- Mickey & Friends Holiday SeasonAlso new this week:In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console, the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.