Eight more titles have been added to the Nintendo Switch’s eShop library. The biggest one (at least for us) is Blaster Master Zero. It utilizes the original 1988 NES game as a foundation, but builds on it with improved graphics, new weapons, new areas and bosses, and even more exploration mechanics. It retails for only $9.99 and is one we’re excited to give a try.
A bunch of Neo Geo games arrive today. Each cost $7.99 and include: Nam-1975, The King of Fighters ’98, Waku Waku 7, Metal Slug 3, World Heroes Perfect, and Shock Troopers. These came out last week in Japan, and some users have complained that the visuals are a little darker than they should be. The developer is looking into it and may issue a patch to correct the brightness.
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Snipperclips – Cut it out, together! –Free Demo Version – Laugh-out-loud couch co-op, now with a free demo! In this action-puzzle game, paper pals Snip and Clip must cut each other up to overcome tricky obstacles… or just to laugh their heads off (sometimes literally). Partner up with friends or family to cut the heroes into the right shapes, interact with objects and solve a world of imaginative puzzles. Visit Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo Switch console to download a free demo of this game today! (Additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode; sold separately.)
- Blaster Master Zero – Blaster Master Zero is an 8-bit-style action-adventure game that hearkens back to the golden age of the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). Using the original 1988 NES game Blaster Master from Sunsoft as a base, the new game introduces new areas and bosses, new gameplay elements such as extra sub-weapons, improved gameplay, a more robust scenario and expanded exploration mechanics.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Bomberman 64 – In the Adventure mode of this Nintendo 64 action game, guide Bomberman through 24 areas of perilous conflict. Battle sinister allies, destroy their bases and put an end to the insane attack. Play the multiplayer Battle mode for an endless supply of explosive action! (Additional accessories required for multiplayer mode; sold separately.)Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Great deals this week include Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (Nintendo 3DS), Etrian Mystery Dungeon (Nintendo 3DS) and Turtle Tale (Nintendo 3DS and Wii U), plus several more! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.Activities:
- Celebrate MAR10 Day with My Nintendo – To commemorate National Mario Day (or MAR10 Day), a selection of new Mario-related rewards will be added to My Nintendo on March 10. Check it out at https://my.nintendo.com/.
Also new this week:
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console, and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.