Super Bomberman R just keeps getting better with every free update. This time around there are more characters, stages, and improvements to the ways you can collect gems (which in turn unlocks these new features).
As promised earlier in the year, Konami has delivered three new playable characters: Vic Viper (Gradius), Simon Belmont (Castlevania), and Pyramid Head (Silent Hill). They each have their own special ability that can help you vanquish your enemies quicker.
Also new in this update are four new battle stages. They include: Conveyor Belt Classic, Panic Factory, Plain Floor, and Desert Fort. These can only be unlocked with Gems, which you can now earn by playing standard VS modes. So, in theory you could earn Gems by playing 2 players and just killing the other guy over and over again. It might be boring, but at least it’s a way to finally unlock some new levels. Luckily the three new characters only take 10 Gems each to unlock!
It’s great to see Konami to continue to support the game. It’s a fun multiplayer title to pop in when you have some friends over. Read our full review for more details!
– 3 new characters are now available in the shop.
(Vic Viper Bomber, Simon Belmont Bomber, Pyramid Head Bomber)
– 4 new VS stages are now available in the shop.
(Conveyor Belt Classic, Panic Factory, Plain Floor, Desert Fort)
– 2 new series of accessories are now available in the shop.
(Item and Snowflake series)”
– Other than Battle Royale, the Team Battle is now available as a Battle Rule. In this mode, the team with the last survivor wins the match.
– There are now more ways to win Gems and more Gems available. (Previously Gems could only be earned in the League Battle, but now all VS modes provide Gems.)
Adjusted the movement speed of the Power Zone.
– Other small bugs have been fixed.