Miitopia is a unique RPG that allows gamers to create Miis and use them in battle. You decide who the big bad guy is as well as who will partner up with you on your epic quest.
Hey! Pikmin brings the little fighters to your 3DS for the first time. This time around it’s a side-scrolling affair where you must collect various items in each stage.
Hitting the Nintendo Switch today and tomorrow are two digital-only titles: Overcooked: Special Edition and Namco Museum. Overcooked is a game where you and up to three of your friends (for a total of four players) can don chef hats and prepare, cook, and serve up meals before the time runs out. It will require vast amounts of cooperation to succeed, and maybe just a tad of yelling back and forth!
Namco Museum has been around forever in one form or another and will be available tomorrow. This time it includes a bunch of arcade ports, like Pac-Man, Splatterhouse, Sky Kid, Rolling Thunder, Dig Dug, and even Pac-Man VS from the GameCube!
Even Wii U gets in on the action this week with more Virtual Console goodness. The TurboGrafx-16 games continue to pour in! Victory Run, Air Zonk, and Ninja Spirit are now available. Out of all three I think Ninja Spirit is probably the best, although Air Zonk is a ton of fun if you like 2D space shoot’em ups.
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Miitopia – Since the dawn of ever, warriors have banded together to fight evil. Now … Mii characters based on your favorite people must unite to do turn-based battle and save Miitopia! Cast them in roles across the kingdom, manage friendships and give them jobs with distinct stats, abilities, gear and custom looks. The Miitopia game will be available on July 28.
- Hey! PIKMIN – Captain Olimar has crashed on an unknown planet inhabited by Pikmin. Get a new perspective on his adorably fierce partners as you fight to fuel his ship in his first 2D platformer. Hey! PIKMIN is also the first Pikmin game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. The 2D game will be available on July 28.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Overcooked: Special Edition – Working as a team, you and up to four* fellow chefs must prepare, cook and serve up a variety of tasty orders before the paying customers storm out in a huff. Overcooked: Special Edition features all the exhilarating (and enraging) kitchens from the main game, as well as both expansions, “The Lost Morsel” and “Festive Seasoning.” Sharpen your knives and dust off your chef’s whites – there isn’t mushroom for error, and the steaks are high in these crazy kitchens!
- NAMCO MUSEUM – Play some of the most popular Namco games, anytime, anywhere! Enjoy classics such as PAC-MAN™, GALAGA™, SPLATTERHOUSE™ and TOWER OF DRUAGA™, or play games including ROLLING THUNDER™, SKYKID™ or TANK FORCE™ with friends and family.Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
- My Nintendo Rewards – The New Nintendo 2DS XL system will be available on July 28. To celebrate the new hardware release, My Nintendo is offering rewards to help fill any system in the Nintendo 3DS family with fun new experiences. For the artists among you – and for people who just like to doodle from time to time – we have Swapdoodle rewards.** We’re also offering two sets of My Nintendo exclusive DLC, each containing three new stationery designs. You can get them by redeeming some of your Platinum Points.
- Nikki’s Friend Theme
- Swapdoodle DLC: Nikki’s Simply Adorable Animals
- Swapdoodle DLC: Super Mario Basic Lessons
- Swapdoodle DLC: Wind Waker
The following DLC is exclusive to My Nintendo, so don’t miss your chance!
- Swapdoodle DLC: Stationery Set A
- Swapdoodle DLC: Stationery Set B
For more info, please visit my.nintendo.com.
Also new this week:
- NAMCO MUSEUM (PAC-MAN VS. Free Multiplayer-only Ver.) (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Free Download
- Ninja Spirit (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.