Monster Hunter Stories finally has a release date in North America! It will be launching on September 8, 2017. Nintendo has released an official trailer showing off various parts of the game. The game’s anime-style art and turn-based combat differ from traditional Monster Hunter games. The trailer suggests that the game may be dubbed instead of subbed.
Nintendo has also announced that a free demo of Monster Hunter Stories will be coming to the eShop on August 10. You’ll be able to transfer your save data to the full game if you decide to buy it. Although the game is compatible with amiibo, we haven’t heard if the special Monster Hunter amiibo that were released in Japan will be released over here or not.
When a monster strikes, the fearful hide, but the brave? They ride. Venture into monster nests to collect eggs and hatch a wide array of species with uniquely powerful skills. Form teams, battle alongside them, crush opponents with combo attacks, and ride into the sunset a champion. Need more muscle? Then mix and match genes to create monsters with more abilities!
When a monster infected by the Black Blight attacks your remote village of riders, tragedy will thrust you into an exciting yet dangerous world, where you must bond with monsters on your adventure. As the story snakes along, you’ll encounter a wealth of side quests and hours of challenging turn-based battles where you must coordinate monster skills, rider skills and enemy attack patterns. The rock-paper-scissors combat system is a series first, a breath of fresh air for veterans and newcomers alike. It’s the perfect entry point into the popular Monster Hunter universe and a game unlike anything else in the series! You can even battle other players* online, locally, or via the StreetPass™ feature!
- Explore a vast world filled with uniquely skilled monsters to hatch, ride, and fight beside.
- Form a team of monsters and execute powerful combo attacks.
- Every monster’s genes contain a unique set of skills and attributes. Channel genes from one to another to customize your own monster!
- Take on side quests and challenging battles that add hours of gameplay.
- Experience turn-based battles for the first time in Monster Hunter series history!
- Tap compatible amiibo™ accessories for bonus items such as Ancient Potions, Dust of Life, and other high-grade materials helpful to your quest.