Today marks the release of Dragon Quest Builders on the Switch. It’s sort of like Minecraft, but it has a self contained story and total fan service for Dragon Quest fans. If you’re on the fence, be sure to check out the free demo on the eShop, or just bite the bullet and purchase the real thing. What else are you going to do this weekend?
Generations ago, the realm of Alefgard was plunged into darkness by the treacherous Dragonlord, ruler of all monsters. Mankind had to wander the ruins and scavenge to survive.
However, hope is not lost! You, a legendary Builder, have been chosen by the Goddess to return the power of creation to the people and rebuild Alefgard. As the legendary Builder you’ll construct rooms, towns, and defenses while fighting off monsters. The land is yours to rebuild in Dragon Quest Builders.
- Gather materials, craft items, and build towns to fulfill your destiny as the legendary Builder.
- An open world adventure with real time battles against monsters and bosses.
- Discover side quests, treasure chests, and building schematics during your travels.
- Build to your hearts’ content in Terra Incognita, the free-build mode.
- Battle waves of monsters at the arena in Terra Gladiatoria.
- Upload your creations online or download buildings made by other players.
- Exclusive content for the Nintendo Switch™ version of the game: gather special materials with the Great Sabrecub to unlock retro customization options, including the Dragon Quest Game Pak!
If you would like to learn more about the game, purchase the digital version, or play the free demo, please visit https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/dragon-quest-builders-switch.