According to its developer, Redeemer: Enhanced Edition is a modern take on the brawler genre. At first glance it reminds us more of something like Smash TV, but obviously there’s a bunch of punching and melee weapons here as well. The blood and gore definitely seem over the top, so it might find its audience with the Mortal Kombat segment of the gaming population. The game is set to release on the Nintendo Switch for $24.99 sometime next month (August). Watch the trailer, take a look at some screens, and read all about it in the official press release below:
BUKA Entertainment and Sobaka Studio announced today the upcoming release of their brutal brawler Redeemer on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch™ in August 2018.
Released on Steam last year, Redeemer received an overwhelming amount of feedback due to its charismatic protagonist and vigorous bloody gameplay.
The development team have taken into account the community’s input and added local co-op, character classes (Monk and Soldier) as well as other tweaks like the improvement of some levels’ balance.
The Redeemer: Enhanced Edition announcement trailer reveals the origin story of Vasily’s plight as well as game combat mechanics and Enhanced Edition features.
Redeemer: Enhanced Edition is an intense modern take on the brawler genre where you will punch, hack, and blast your way through enemies using fists, hammers, fire arms, and the environment itself.
Vasily, once an elite operative working for the biggest Cybernetic Weapon Manufacturer in the world, narrowly escaped to a secluded monastery when the corporation wanted to make him one of its cyborg soldiers.
For 20 years he tried to find peace and harmony amongst fellow monks until the corporation eventually found his trace and is now closing in on Vasily’s location. In so doing, they have given him one last shot at redemption.
- Intense Top Down Action: Take out enemies in every way possible!
- Brutal Hand-to-Hand Combat: Collection of brutal fighting moves, combos, charge and jump attacks.
- Character class selection: Choose whether Vasily is a monk or a soldier, depending on your preferred combat style.
- Unique Kill System: Use your surroundings to stealthy eliminate your enemies.
- Parry System: Block the hits and learn enemy movements and attack patterns to create a ballet of death for them.
- Disarm-or-Dismember System: Disarm your foes and use their limbs as melee weapons.
- Story Driven Single-Player: Discover Vasily’s haunted past and experience a narrative journey of betrayal and redemption.
- Arena Mode: Practice and test your fighting skills by battling countless enemies in a horde-like arena mode.
- Cooperative game mode for two players. Walk through the game alongside your friend and may your gamepads be the ultimate weapons of retribution!