One genre that seems to have stepped out of the spotlight in recent years is real-time strategy (RTS) games. They used to be insanely popular in the ’90s with games like WarCraft, Command & Conquer and Dune II. Sure, there have been others since then, but the genre seems to gravitate toward PCs instead of consoles. That’s why it’s always nice to see a game in that genre come to the Switch – providing it’s a good one. While we don’t know that to be the case for Crush Your Enemies just yet, we’re hopeful.
Crush Your Enemies is coming soon – very soon in fact! August 2 is the launch date and it will have you collecting resources, capturing enemy territory, and taking down your foes. The graphics look a bit simplistic and the maps might be a tad small, but this should encourage fast matches. Check out the launch trailer from a couple years ago on the PC, iOS, and Android to get a better feel for what to expect when it comes to Switch in a couple of weeks.
Calling all barbarians: Crush Your Enemies, the downright barbaric RTS from Vile Monarch, is launching on Nintendo Switch on August 2, 2018. Get ready to launch hilarious and deadly plans of attack in this retro strategy title from the comfort of home, the bus, the cabin, or just about anywhere you can think of. Crush Your Enemies recalls the awesome strategy games of olde while doing away with longwinded, hour-long skirmishes. Choose your units, manage resources, take enemy territory, and outwit your oaf-like opponents in exciting, fast-paced matches. Amidst the action, each level is packed with a variety of deep strategic options for you to explore and exploit in true barbaric fashion.
- Super simple controls: Despite the depth of its systems, the game can be controlled even with one Joy-Con™
- Epic Single-Player campaign: The game features hours of strategic single-player goodness
- Online and local multiplayer: Play against your friends and loved ones. The battle never has to end!
- Weird Boss Battles: Have you ever battled a Giant Death Snail that has a passion for head-butting? No? What are you waiting for!?
- Story filled with Naughty Humour: So your momma won’t mistake the game for her favourite Medieval Village Clickfest!