CrossCode has been confirmed as releasing for the Nintendo Switch this year. Part Zelda and part RPG, this one looks like an intense adventure game. The developers promise 40-80 hours of content with 7 unique areas and tons of secrets to find. Check out the details below!
As part of the just finished Nintendo Direct presentation, CrossCode has been officially confirmed for a Nintendo Switch Release in 2019. CrossCode combines 16-bit SNES-style graphics with butter-smooth physics, a fast-paced combat system, and engaging puzzle mechanics, served with a gripping sci-fi story. You follow a player called Lea as she logs into CrossWorlds – a fictional MMO of the distant future. Lea is not your average player though. She hast lost her memory and is (literally) mute. Now the only way to regain her memory is to play CrossWorlds, discovering all the places the game has to offer and meeting other players on the way – hoping they won’t mistake her for a bot. As Lea’s memory returns, a deep mystery surrounding CrossWorlds will be unraveled – and you may come to understand why a mute player is stuck in this game in the first place. CrossCode combines features of the Action-Adventure and RPG genre, delivering both, a great variety of puzzles and an engaging, fast-paced combat system with plenty of options for character growth.
CrossCode is all about how it plays! Take the best out of two popular genres, find a good balance between them and make a great game. That’s what CrossCode does. You get the puzzles of Zelda-esque dungeons and are rewarded with the great variety of equipment you know and love from RPGs. During the fast-paced battles you will use the tools you find on your journey to reveal and exploit the enemies’ weaknesses and at the same time will be able to choose equipment and skills for a more in-depth approach in fighting your enemies.
- Dive into a massive adventure with a playtime of around 40-80 hours
- Explore a large world with 7 unique areas and hidden secrets all over the place
- Fight over 120 enemy types including 30+ boss fights
- Enter 8 expansive dungeons all with with unique themes and puzzle mechanics
- Master up to 100 combat arts and even more passive skills
- Solve over 100 quests with a great variety of tasks and unique challenges
- 60+ music tracks made by a rice ball (well, not exactly)
- 16-bit, SNES-style 2D graphics with detailed animations
- A soundtrack inspired by old SNES and Playstation JRPGs
- A unique ball throwing mechanic with charging functionality and ricocheting balls, used for combat and puzzles
- A fast-paced combat system featuring close and ranged attacks, guarding, dashing and great variety of special attacks.
- A complete RPG system with leveling, equipment, consumable items and skill trees
- A detailed movement system with auto-jumping and precise collision