Dead Cells has surpassed 2 million copies sold (read our review here)! To celebrate the occasion, you can find the game on sale in the eShop for 20% off. The game’s free DLC, Rise of the Giant, is also now available and adds a bunch of new features. Check out the details below:
The team behind the 2018 smash hit Dead Cells announced today that the highly anticipated DLC ‘Rise of the Giant’ arrived on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and today alongside a new milestone that Dead Cells has now surpassed the 2 million* sales milestone. The Rise of the Giant Update will hit Xbox One soon. Dead Cells is also making its way to mobile, which was announced earlier this month and planned for a summer release on iOS (with Android planned.)
Console players who have beaten the game into submission on at least one occasion will gain access to the Cavern, an entirely new environment filled with entirely new ways to die. Abominable new traps, perilous lava pools await and they are filled with violent new enemies waiting to kill you – including a new boss at the end of the Cavern.
Fans will also be introduced to a shiny new skinning system, which gives players more than 50 new character outfits to enjoy. New loot will drop via the game’s new Premium Shop that you can sign up for with your favorite credit card classic blueprints from existing enemies in the higher difficulty modes (and bosses, of course.)
The update brings:
- 10 new enemy types, many of which can be found in the higher difficulty modes of the game
- Three new skills have been included in the game which consist of a flying pet and a single use scroll that will reveal the current level map (ooOOOooOOoooOooo)
- 10 new weapons including the Giant Killer, the Boi Axe and the Thunder Shield
- The old Hunter Grenade door in the Prisoners’ Quarters has been replaced by a new Specialist shop where you can buy the Hunter’s Grenade, skins or a lovely new Map
- For the most advanced players, Rise of the Giant holds a new hidden level. An entirely new ending to your story will be revealed to those who can beat the crap out of the new boss waiting for you at the end….
The entire list of patch notes can be found here: https://dead-cells.com/patchnotes
Dead Cells is also now available at 20 percent off across the Nintendo eShop, PlayStation Store and Microsoft Store.
Dead Cells was released on Steam Early Access in 2017 and quickly found an audience due to its unique take on the roguelike genre and polished design. The title has since its launch earned dozens of accolades around the world from international critics and has been a stunning commercial success for Motion Twin.