Disney games were pretty popular back in the late ’80s and early ’90s. The Sega Genesis version of Aladdin and the Super NES version of The Lion King are included in the Disney Classic Games: Aladdin & The Lion King collection when it arrives on the Switch on October 29, 2019. Aladdin will also get a new final cut version and a tradeshow demo that hasn’t been seen since 1993. The Game Boy versions of Aladdin and The Lion King are also included. Check out the new trailer and information below!
On Oct 29, the 16-bit magic of Disney’s Aladdin and The Lion King games, complete with new features and enhancements, will be re-released for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and PC. Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King will include the fan-favorite versions of each original title, featuring upscaled graphics to support high definition displays and additional upgrades to enhance playability on current consoles. The collection also includes a brand-new “final cut” of Aladdin and an original Aladdin “tradeshow demo” that has not been publicly available since 1993.
Fans will be able to revisit these beloved games and take advantage of a variety of modern support options, including instant save states, a “Rewind” button to jump back up to 15 seconds, level select, invulnerability, infinite lives, and an “Interactive Game Viewer.” The Interactive Game Viewer enables players to view full game playthroughs, with the ability to skip forward, jump in, and start playing at any point.
In addition, Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King features:
- Authentic Game Content with Modern Improvements – Fans old and new can enjoy the original game builds, upscaled graphics, customizable controls, special filters for visual enhancement and more.
- Variety of Game Versions – The collection includes multiple playable platform versions of the games including their Sega Genesis, Game Boy and Super Game Boy releases, as well as The Lion King Super Nintendo Entertainment System version.
- A Helping Hand – Players who want to experience the Disney magic in true “Hakuna Matata” fashion can use the Interactive Game Viewer, Rewind feature and cheat codes to aid gameplay progression.
- Curated, Explorable Museum – A treasure trove of behind-the-scenes development assets including interviews, an art gallery and a music player shares the rich history behind the Aladdin and The Lion King 16-bit games.
Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King has been updated for current consoles and PC by publisher Nighthawk Interactiveand development studio Digital Eclipse. Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King is coming to retailers on Oct. 29 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One, and PC. Physical copies will be available for $29.99 through retailers including GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy, Target and Walmart. Pre-orders will be available through all major retailers. The collection is rated E10+ by the ESRB.
Title: Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King
Platform: Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC
Co-Publisher/Distributor: Nighthawk Interactive
Developer: Digital Eclipse
Release Date: 10/29/2019
Two of the most beloved Disney games of all time make their long-awaited return to modern consoles in Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King! This unforgettable package of Disney classics is filled with tons of new features, enhancements, game modes, and display options, plus multiple versions of the games! Join Aladdin and his sidekick, Abu, as they race through the marketplace toward their date with destiny. Relive Aladdin’s classic adventure as you travel through Agrabah, the Cave of Wonders and more to defeat Jafar and rescue Jasmine. Jump, fight, dodge and carpet-ride your way through this adventure, collecting gems along the way. The Lion King brings to life the majesty and mystery of Africa through the tale of Simba, a lion cub faced with the challenging transition to maturity. Now, you too can be part of the adventure! Driven into the wilderness by his evil uncle Scar, Simba finds salvation and Hakuna Matata with Pumbaa the warthog and Timon the meerkat. Tackle heinous hyenas in the elephant’s graveyard, avoid the trampling hooves of stampeding wildebeest as you battle through 10 levels to ensure Simba claims his rightful place as The Lion King.
- Multiple Game Versions: Play through several different versions of the beloved Aladdin and The Lion King games that have been created over the years, including both console and handheld versions. An all-new “Final Cut” version of Aladdin, developed exclusively for this collection, is also included and features difficulty adjustments, camera refinements, bug fixes, as well as a few additional surprises for fans.
- Display Options and Updated Visuals:
- 1080P graphics and enhancements for modern HD TVs
- Adjustable screen aspect ratios and borders
- Custom filter options designed to replicate classic CRT TVs and other popular screen types
- In-Game Rewind: Instantly rewind any of the games in real-time in order to retry difficult areas
- Interactive Game Viewer: View full game playthroughs, with the ability to skip forward, jump in, and start playing at any point
- Save Feature: Quickly save your progress in each of the games and continue your adventure wherever and whenever you want
- Museum Features: Take a journey behind-the-scenes and learn more about the creation of these incredible games. Watch video interviews with the original development teams or explore numerous galleries containing hundreds of previously unreleased HD concept images and marketing assets.
- Soundtrack: Listen to the entire soundtracks for both games in the included music players. The ability to repeat and shuffle the songs is also supported.