In addition to regular seasonal event updates, it’s now confirmed that Nintendo will be updating Animal Crossing: New Horizons with more features and items to collect. They revealed the newest free update that will bring new visitors to your island, as well as more events and things to collect. Fans of the series will recognize a few of the returning cast, including Leif who will sell new foliage, including shrubs. The lovable bootlegger Redd is returning with art pieces to sell. You’ll be able to donate this art to the museum if you so choose – as long as its not a forgery!
New events include Nature Day (April 23 – May 4) with new Nook Miles Challenges. A new mystery island tour ticket will be given out for May Day (May 1-7) where you can visit a brand new location. International Museum Day (May 18-31) will introduce a stamp rally where you attempt to fill up a card to earn in-game rewards. Wedding season arrives for the entire month of June. You’ll be able to visit Harvey’s island to take photos and earn wedding-themed items.
Some of these features (like shrubs) were leaked earlier this week in a data mine of the game. We won’t spoil those here, but this latest update gives credence to the entire leak and if so it looks like we have a lot to look forward to!
A series of free updates* to the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game is bringing some special seasonal events, inviting island goers to experience new faces visiting the island, blossoming flora, beautiful works of art and an expanded museum. These free updates and others later in the year will add new experiences to the game that players will be able to enjoy for a long time.
Available starting on April 23, this new update adds the following characters, features and limited-time events to the game:
- Leif’s Garden Shop – Nature-loving Leif will regularly visit players’ islands to sell his flourishing assortment of foliage, including shrubs and flower seeds. These decorative items will help make any island paradise a little greener.
- Jolly Redd’s Treasure Trawler – After downloading the free update, Jolly Redd will occasionally show up in his boat to sell in-game art, as well as furniture with unique colors. Like in previous Animal Crossing games, players will have to figure out which art pieces are real and which are fake. After purchasing genuine art, players can donate it to the island museum to open an art gallery, which will display all types of donated pieces, from paintings to sculptures.
- Nature Day (April 23-May 4) – During the Nature Day period, special Nook Miles challenges will be available that focus on nature-inspired goals, such as planting trees and watering flowers.
- May Day Tour (May 1-7) – In the first week of May, players can use a one-time May Day Ticket at the island airport to head out on a limited-time tour to an island that looks different than the usual mystery island tours. A special visitor who looks familiar might also be there…
- International Museum Day (May 18-31) – To celebrate International Museum Day, players can take part in a Stamp Rally. After receiving a special stamp card, players can enjoy viewing fish, insects and fossils while collecting stamps at the various museum exhibits to earn an in-game reward.
- Wedding Season (June 1-30) – During a nuptial-themed June, players can visit Harvey’s island to meet the married couple Reese and Cyrus, as well as help arrange and take anniversary photos with them in the wedding-picture studio. Players will get wedding-themed items as a token of their gratitude.
For more information about Animal Crossing: New Horizons, visit https://www.animal-crossing.com/new-horizons/.
*Players will need to connect to the internet and download the latest update data to access certain in-game events as they become available.